Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The End of an Era


This was my suitcase. I purchased it in 2001 at the salvation army in Grimsby ontario. We were about to embark on our first tour of america. It's a 1970 Samsonite Silhouette. She set me back a hefty 5 dollars. i took "big red" around the world many times. now the latches at the top refuse to close properly. it's only a matter of time before she explodes my dirty laundry all over an airport conveyer belt. today i finally broke down and got a new suitcase. I've got to say, i have never been so soupy about a piece of luggage before. 8 years is a long time for a suitcase when you travel as much as we do. especially a suitcase you bought second hand for 5 dollars. Happy trails darling. You served me well and you will be missed.
xo
george

11 comments:

  1. What're you going to do with her?

    'Cause, you know, there are a lot of (crazy) people who would pay a fair amount of money for your suitcase from 1970.

    I know I know, priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't throw it away, it'll be great for the memories. And maybe a great piece in a museum one day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that you should find a way to incorporate it either into a song or a piece of furniture in your house.

    It looks big enough to get a sweet bass drum sound or maybe drill a hole in it and make it a lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah definately don't get rid of her! Give her a little re-vamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could get the latches fixed at those shoe repair shops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should use it as a planter. that way you'll still always have her around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just ducktape it shut.
    That shit never breaks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That suitcase has such character and has seen more places than the average person. Keep it and use it to store special memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with wiggum....ride that bitch til the wheels fall off.

    ReplyDelete